Just about the first thing Emma wanted to do when we got to Fillmore was "go to the farm!!" My dad was MORE then happy to take her!! She LOVES it down there.
She got to drive the tractor (with grandpa's help). Very cool!!
Look and that good lookin' hay. My dad's so proud!!!
Then we took a trip to Thanksgiving Point. There is such a fun little petting zoo there. Emma had a blast... this kind of thing is right up her alley!!
Emma went right to work milking the cow. How did she know to do that...?
This was the coolest peacock. He was huge. One of the workers came by and gave Emma one of it's feathers. And of course she made sure that made the trip home with us!!
Just a close-up of the monster peacock. He was a big boy!!!
Who doesn't love a pony ride?
There was also a dinosaur exhibit there, but we only went in there to eat some yummy "dinno nuggets!"
Emma found a new hobby... gardening. My dad had her help him plant two more rows of corn. She loved it so much she started "planting" everything. She would take the big shovel, dig a hole, and burry rocks, grass, and the little green apples that had fallen off the trees. Every day she did this and loved every minute!
This was so fun for her. It reminded me so much of me when I was growing up... although, most of the time I wasn't as excited as she was!!!
Next was the 4-wheeler ride. Matt and my dad went on a long ride, so the next day Emma thought she needed a turn, but she had to look just right...
Yes, she found one of the dresses my mom and made for me when I was little, and being the dress-up queen that she is she had to wear it... and apparently it was just the look she was going for for her jaunt on the 4-wheeler!!
Graaaandpaaaaa! I'm ready... where are you?
And they're off!!
Then it was up the canyon we go to do a little fishing. Here is Matt and Emma waiting it out. No luck, but grandpa let her reel one in!!
Emma loves the dirt. So why do I always have her in a white shirt when she's around it... very good question!!! We definitely need a sandbox!!

We had such a fabulous time with my parents! We love them so much!
1 comment:
Ok can we just talk about how AWESOME that dress is that Emma is wearing...and if the dress weren't awesome enough on its own...you add the helment and her sitting on the porch waiting to go on a 4 wheeler ride... YOU SERIOUSLY CRACKED ME UP with that! I LOVED IT!!!
I also love that she gets to create those memories on the farm! She will cherish those times with your dad! It looks like you packed a ton of fun into your trip!!! I'm so glad you got to do so much!
Post a Comment