Here's a few pictures of the headboard I made. This was such a fun project and really, really simple. Cut your piece of ply wood, then frame with 2X4's on all 4 sides. I wanted mine a little taller, so I framed it a few inches longer then the cut ply wood to make "legs." So on the front it's all smooth and flush across, and the back is open for wrapping and stapling the batting (or I used a queen size mattress pad to make it softer) and your fabric underneath each ledge. Ta-da, a headboard! Some day mine will have a dark sage green wall behind, so you can actually see it!! It's on the extremely long list of things to do. ;)
3 comments:
Ang You are so cute! I love the way you are so calm with silly things kids do. I really like the fact that the frogs mom needed them home for dinner. I just love your creativity! One day I will also make a head board like yours. love it.
You are so talented! I wish I was brave enough to try something like that! Great job. I appreciate all your comments on my blog. They always brighten my day! You are so awesome!
Post a Comment