Thursday, April 22, 2010

CHICAGO!

Yep we went to Chicago last week for the NFSA Convention (Fire Sprinkler stuff). That is a big, expensive, traffic-crazed city folks. But all of that aside we had a great time.

We road tripped it! Nate and Jasmine braved the waters by riding with us and the kids for the 5 hour ride. We kept promising Emma that when we got there we'd go straight to the pool, right. So my mother-in-law called us to see how things were going and told me that there was NO POOL there (they had already been there a couple of days). NOT. Even. Funny. Are you serious? How was I going to tell Emma that? For 5 hours I had been promising her that very thing. It was the only thing keeping her sane! GRRRR. So after the tears where dried we told her of all the other fun things we were going to do. And here's what we did.

The Miracle Mile. Heaven help us. We were there every day!

Shedd Aquarium. If you ever go to Chicago this place is a must. It was great!



The American Girl Doll store and cafe! I think I enjoyed this more then Emma did...and she loved it. I always loved the "American Girl" stories.

Eating brunch. They even let Emma borrow a doll to eat with. How cute is this cafe?!



After many, many, many trip around looking at each doll she finally decided on Molly!! (An early b-day gift from Grandma. And Jasmine got her all the "Molly" books!) We'll be busy!
At least Tal was occupied!
Making a mess at the Disney Store.

Navy Pier and the Farris Wheel.






Looking good, babes!
Emma and I rode the Famous Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier.
Where's Daddy and Tal?
Views from the top

The scared one. I really was. I don't now what came over me but on the way up it was hard to breath and my heart was beating out of my chest. I was fine on the way down, it was just the up that got me.
The brave one! All I heard was "This is awesome" while I was reminding myself to breath!

The Trump Tower.
Since there was no P-O-O-L this became a favorite activity. Up and down. Up and down.
Do you want to see what saved me?

Mommy view!
Don't judge. This thing was awesome. That little backpack carried a diaper, wipes, a snack and his drink. Plus, he LOVED wearing it. I did a lot of big talking about how cool it was and he bought it. He wanted to wear it everywhere!

Then it was time to leave. Because all of the seats in the car were filled with people...and Molly...we had to strapped some things to the roof. That was Nate's job and he took it very seriously!!!

The front

The middle
The back
When we started going there was a strap banging on the roof, and of course we couldn't have that for 5 hours, so since it was his job up Nate went. No need to pull the car off the interstate for Nate. Nope. Five minutes of 65 MHP winds didn't even phase him.

Wow! That was a lot. Good times. Good times!!

4 comments:

Alan said...

That looks like so much fun! I always loved the American Girl dolls too.

Crystal

Wild Wild West said...

Looks like fun!! Next time you go on a trip and need a hotel with a pool give me a call that is my area you know!! or just follow this link for my friends discount!

http://www.ihgfriendsandfamily.com/mkh7qx

Anonymous said...

We lived in Chicago for awhile, it was fun to be there and experience it. I agree though it's kinda crazy!
Your kids are getting big!

Christensen's said...

Looks like a great time. I can't imagine what Kempton would have done if I had promised him the pool and then there wasn't one :( No fun for her or you! Jed says "Hi". We were wondering if you know anything about the 10 year reunion? Jed said they are having one, but he hasn't heard the details.

Quotable Quotes

Quotable Quotes