Thursday, April 22, 2010

Opening Day!


Last time (which was right before I had Tal) I went to Opening Day for the Cardinals the game was rained out by the 4th inning, but not this year. Blue skies all day long, baby!

Let me kind of explain here about Opening Day. It's not like other days here in St. Louy. It's big! I mean out-of-control, go completely crazy BIG! I really think it is an unofficial holiday here. It might as well be, cause people are leaving work by noon to get down to Busch for all the "stuff" that goes on. And guess who are among the crazy, out-of-control, work ditchers... Matt and his brother Nate that's who. They were there soaking in the Cardinal Nation vibes that were exploding from every seat in the place. I even think their hearts would occasionally skip a beat. I'm serious!

Now I have to admit I love it too. It was an awesome game (saw my first Pujols home run! Whoot, whoot) and the feeling there is really almost overwhelming, but I do have some sense of where the "crazy line" is and I don't think I'll ever get close to crossing it.

So Jasmine and I took our loving time, a detour here and there to finally find a place to park, and we even made it for first pitch... barely! We figure that since we are now "baseball widows" that it really doesn't matter when we show up, only that we do!

And to make it all better, the Red Birds WON! Life is good.


Check out this shot. It's Pujols up to bat and on this swing he scored the Cards first run! Nice!
Check out all that RED!


The Coleman brothers are the Cardinals #1 fans. But Jasmine and I are #2!!





No comments:

Quotable Quotes

Quotable Quotes