Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Memorial Day weekend was a wet, soggy one this year, but we still did a little fishing in the lake behind Matt's parents house. Emma made sure she had her pink princess fishing pole and little purple chair because that's what "fisher-girls" need to go fishing. 



She was pretty sure she was going to catch something, and I have to admit, the only thing I thought she would catch is a bunch of seaweed that was floating in heaps around the edge. But she was persistent (not a new trait for her!!) and she actually ended up catching 2! Lucky Duck. She knew it all the long!



My Five:
1. A fun weekend. Although wet, it was fun, and relaxing with family, friends, and food. That's all ya need right (plus it was a much better then last year)!
2. My blog. It makes me so happy to look at these pictures and remember the stories!
3. Good neighbors.
4. Tal's starting to walk! With the way this kid eats, carrying him was beginning to take it's toll on my back.
5. And Matt! Cause he helped touch, catch, and TOUCH Emma's fish!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

So cute! Sadie caught her first fish last summer. It was only about 3 inches long, but she was so excited. Way to go Emma! (And I am so glad Alan does ALL the TOUCHING of the fish....

Wild Wild West said...

I can't wait till my kids are old enough to go fishing with me!! Looks like fun.

Brianne said...

She is getting so big! I love her dress. We went fishing last week too and were not so lucky....way to go persistent Emma!

Anonymous said...

I love Emma's hair, it's sooo cute! Brock liked that she caught a couple fish!

Christensen's said...

Wow! Two fish! Jed has take the kids fishing several times and they are yet to come home with one. I don't think my children really understand the concept of fishing. Hopefully one day they will catch one and fishing will become more exciting. How fun!!! I love the purple chair!

Quotable Quotes

Quotable Quotes