Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008!


We had a really fun Halloween filled a pirate, a ballerina ghost, and candy, candy and more candy!

Tal made the GREATEST pirate! Along with his parrot he was ready to set sail and find people to walk the plank! AARRRRRGGG!
I bet you've never seen a ballerina ghost, have you!?! Well if you've ever wondered what one looks like here she is:
Gone are the days of me deciding what she'll be. And when she told me that she wanted to be a ballerina ghost my first thought was "OH, I'm pretty sure I can't buy one of those in the store!!" Well, after much thought this is what we came up with, and I think it worked!!

Trunk-or-Treat
It's been a tradition in our ward at church that we have a trunk-or-treat the weekend before Halloween! I love seeing little kids in their costumes! I think it's so fun! After some yummy chilli, games, and a parade of all the little "spooks" it was out to the cars to pass out the much anticipated candy! This is always a hit and the kids love to see their friends all dressed up!


Emma leading all her spooky friends in the parade for the parents!


Emma and Abree the witch!!

Hey there, matie!
Pumpkin Painting
To get our own door step ready for the big night, Emma was excited to paint her pumpkins instead of watching me carve them!! Plus, it was such a gorgeous day here (75 degrees with a little breeze.... yuuuummmy!!!) it was a fun thing to do so we could enjoy it and be outside!!






LOVELY!! Emma worked so hard that she "needed" a popsicle! The great thing was is that it was warm enough to give her one!!

Halloween night was just perfect at 73 degrees! I don't ever remember a time when my brothers, and sister and I didn't have a coat over our costumes so you couldn't even tell what we were!! But we still had the trick-or-treating experience, right!!! 

The weather here has be fabulous!!! I really love the fall. Everything about it is great... except that it brings us closer to the cold and snow and the "staying inside all day!"

My Five
1. Political Phone calls!!! NOT
2. Merb's Bionic Apple! This is by far the most delicious caramel apple I've ever had.
3. Halloween decorations
4. Good friends. I feel very blessed to have such thoughtful people that I can call friends!
5. Body by Janie! A few of you will know what I'm talking about. Ouch!!! But thanks!

11 comments:

Lant Family said...

Looks like a fun Halloween! Cute costumes.

Rob & Autum said...

What cute kids and fun Halloween Costumes! It looks like you had a great Halloween!

Happy Birthday on the 29th! I hope you had a good day.

Perschon Family said...

you are so dang creative! Emma's costume looked AWESOME! and Tal is getting so big. I LOVED the pirate costume! SUPER cute! Looks like you had tons of fun ! Don't you just love Halloween!?!

Jen said...

How fun! You did a GREAT job with the costumes. Your kids look great.

Crystal said...

Cute, cute, cute! Sounds like a fun Halloween!

Ms. Erdtmann said...

Emma and Tal look so cute! I love the ballerina ghost idea! Wish I could have been in STL to share Halloween with you guys. :)

Ms. Erdtmann said...

Oh yeah! Happy Birthday my "almost share a birthday" friend! I hope you had a great one! 27 feels great, doesn't it? ;) 28 feels even better...

The Knight Family said...

Look at how big Tal is getting. How adorable! Does it seem like he has grown up faster than Emma? Our baby boys aren't so little anymore. I'm impressed that you came up with that costume for Emma. It's great! You're so crafty. Looks like you had fun.

The Knight Family said...

Happy belated birthday to you too. Did you have a good one?

Keith and Shasta said...

Hey Angeline, It is so fun to see your cute little family. I am glad you are still in touch with Lacie. It was good to hear from you and see/read what is going on with you. I will definitely be checking back in to see what is new.

Brianne said...

I love Tal's costume!!! He is so dang cute. Emma is growing up quite quickly too isn't she? Hope things are going well!

Quotable Quotes

Quotable Quotes