Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reading Fair


Emma participated in her school's Reading Fair this year! Each student prepares a reading board on a book that they have read. If you know Emma, she loves to read and picking a book was a little hard for her. I think she changed her mind at least 3 or 4 times. She kept thinking of other "good ones". But when she thought of "Meet Molly" that was the one. She and I loved that book. We read the entire "Molly" series together, and then she reread "Meet Molly" herself. She has the "Molly" doll, so "Meet Molly" was the perfect fit for her board.

She did a great job! Her favorite part was making Molly's Halloween costume from the book (if you've never read it, she and her friends decide to be Hula dancers for Halloween and they made their own costumes from painted newspaper and crepe paper)! It was lots of gluing, writing and more gluing, but she did it and it turned out really cute.

2 comments:

Christensen's said...

Wow! She is so big!

Lindsay said...

What a smart girl!!! It has been a long time since I have been to your blog because I read through the whole thing and it was all new. However, I am now officially caught up on the Coleman saga. Glad to be back.

Love you and can't wait to see you soon.

Quotable Quotes

Quotable Quotes