Monday, March 24, 2008

Flooding over!!

I'm sure a lot of you have heard about the flooding here in the Big MO! The Meremac River has been the biggest problem. It runs just barely south of us (our town sits on the bank of the Missouri river) but this is what happens when it rains non-stop for about 48 hours!! Matt gets a little overly crazy about these floods. He loves it really, so we drove around taking these pictures on Saturday.
     
I44 is what Matt uses to get to work every day. The River got high enough where it was almost closed down.

Here's Matt and Emma! The little red thing in the middle of the water is the top of a cab to a semi!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so awesome you're going to the Card's opening game, especially three weeks away! You are a true fan! Wow, only three weeks left! I'm imagining how I felt when I was 37 weeks pregnant and I'm asuming you're beyond ready to have that baby! I hope the next few weeks go well for you. I'll be thinking about you. Is Emma excited? Go Cards!

Jessi said...

I am so happy that I found your blog. I have been thinking of you all a lot lately. You better not float away in all of that water! I hope all goes well for you in the last few weeks of your pregnancy, forget the Cardinals, Go Angeline! We want pix of the new babe.

Quotable Quotes

Quotable Quotes