Our good friends Robbie and Karen introduced us to this hidden gem! Someone who owns a bunch of property O-U-T in the country decided one day, "Hey! We have a lot of dirt. Why don't we soak it with water and charge people money to come and run their trucks and four-wheelers through it!" The outcome is what is now known as the Mud Run, open every 2nd Saturday and holiday weekends all summer long!
Here's what we brought along:
The Ranger.
This is what you see when you first arrive in this majestic redneck shrine: The Pit!
Matt got to take on The Pit! Can you tell how happy he is!
Then after you've unloaded your Muddin' equipment you drive over to where it all happens. The Runs (That's what I called them anyway. It seemed to fit, if you know what I mean)! There are 3 trenches dug deep into the ground and soaked with water. The challenge: to see who's truck had enough guts to get from one side to the other!
Here were some of the contestants for the day. I won't explain. The pictures tell it all!
I was really here. Watching. Believe it.
There was even a dirt hill the kids could play on while everyone watched. Something for everybody!
Then there was one more contestant. Can you guess who it was? You'll never get it!
After that thrilling ride we rode around on the different trials they had there as well. But unfortunately the day ended on not such a good note for Robbie's brother-in-law.
This is the unfortunate part of the "sport" they say. "You know sumthin's gunna happen. You just don't know when!" Comforting!
I really can't poke fun, though, because it brought back memories of doing similar things with my family growing up. We didn't do the mud, though. We went to the hill climbs out at the sand dunes. Much better! It was fun to relive some redneck fun. I'm sure it won't be our last!!
1 comment:
ha! that is SO great! Way to join the super redneck crowd, now you just need to grow some mulletts and hit the Indie 500! :)
Actually Joe and a bunch of his roomies would do this in a big mud patch East of Ephraim while we were all at Snow. It is so fun!
Post a Comment